During Annual Reporting, the Conflict of Interest Office (COI) reviews all disclosures submitted in the report. At times, additional information may be required in order for the COI office to accurately review the information provided by a HSC faculty or staff member. In this case, a disclosure in a report may be returned to the discloser or the entire report, if there is more than 1 disclosure requiring edits.
A returned Disclosure
In the event one disclosure is returned to you, you will:
- Receive an email notification indicating a disclosure was returned to you. (check your email)
- Review the comments in the disclosure as to why the item was returned. (click on the View button)
- Edit the disclosure and resubmit. (click the Edit button)
- Notice, the status of your disclosure is Returned. The status will not change until the disclosure is editing. Once the disclosure is edited, the status will display New.
- Submit after you have edited.
A returned disclosure on your Dashboard
From the Dashboard under Disclosures of Activities & Financial Interests, you will see the disclosure highlighted with a blue background and a status of Returned.
Within Annual Reports, your January - December 2015 report will also be highlighted with a blueb background with a Report Status of Returned.
From Disclosures of Activities & Financial Interests select the Disclosure from your dashboard and click on View.
A window will display with a view of your disclosure in addition to a comments section. Review the comments as they will provide you direction on what needs to be edited within your disclosure.
Edit the Disclosure
- From Disclosures of Activities & Financial Interests select the disclosure and click Edit.
- Complete the Edit Disclosure Details page and click Save once completed.
Once you have made your edits and clicked on SAVE, you will return to the Dashboard and your disclosure will now have a background of green with a status of NEW.
You can now Submit your disclosure by selecting the Disclosure and clicking Submit.
Once the returned disclosure(s) is edited and submitted, the January - December 2015 annual report row will display a status of Submitted.
Multiple disclosures Returned
If there is more than one disclosure returned within a report, all must be edited and submitted. All disclosures must be submitted in order for the Annual Disclosure report's status to update from Returned to Submitted.