An entity is the individual, business, organization or institution with whom you have interacted and need to declare your activities.
- Provide the name of the entity, the street address, city, state/province and country.
- Classify the type of entity as: Higher Ed Institution, Federal, State/Local, Home Business, Publicly or Privately Traded, Professional Society or Other.
- Classify the type of entity as: For-Profit, Non-Profit or Gift Source
- Check the "This Entity is currently active" box to make this entity available for use in disclosures.
NOTE: the entities you have interacted with in the past will be available to you. Because of the way this information was previously collected you will need to edit each record, at a minimum correcting the Entity Title and placing each into its appropriate type and category. Check the "This entity is currently active" box. Leaving it unchecked will leave it unavailable for disclosure reporting.
A disclosure is the record of your activity with an outside Entity. Information collected about these interactions includes the time you devote to it (the Duration field) in order to assess your level of commitment.
Complete the following:
- Who the report is for (Myself, Spouse, Dependent Child etc).
- The entity name.
- The disclosure type: (Compensation, Travel Only, Equity, Fiduciary Role, Intellectual Property, Royalties, Managing Relationship, Gift or Other).
- The activity type: (Advisory Board/Committee, Governing Board, Consultant, Equity Holdings, Expert Witness, IP Rights, Royalty Income, Speaker, Reviewer, Travel or Other).
- Whether this activity is related to your sponsored research.
- A description of the activity. Include explanation of any "Other" selections made.
- The dollar value. Use fair market prices where appropriate.
- The disposition of the funds.
- The duration of the activity in days.
- Whether you believe you will continue this activity.
- In the case of your time, whether this activity is conducted using your vacation time.