iDisclose v3.0 is currently being updated and will be made available mid-February 2015. Please check this page for updates on how to navigate through the new interface and complete your annual disclosures in addition to accessing prior approvals.
You must have HSC Email to log onto the iDisclose System
Turn off your web browser's pop-up blocker
- Supported browsers include: Google Chrome, Firefox 3.5, Chrome 8, Safari 3, Opera 10
Even if you have reported previously using eCOI, you must create a new reportIf you were hired on or after January 1, 2015, click NEW EMPLOYEE Report on the iDisclose v3.0 home page.
You are reporting for the previous CALENDAR YEAR (2013)2014). If you were hired on or before December 31, 2014 report using Annual Reporting for 2014.
Submitting your Report in Six Easy Steps
- Go to: https://vpr.uthscsa.edu/iDisclose
- Click on My iDisclose Reports on the menu to the left:
- New Employee Report (if you were hired on or after January 1, 2015)
- Annual Reporting for 2014 (if you were hired on or before December 31, 2014)
- Sign on using your UTHSCSA email address and password
- Dashboard: Select a Reporting Period Option: New Employee or CY 2013. Click Begin.
- If you were hired in the current year (2014), select New EmployeeOtherwise, select the previous calendar year (e.g. CY 2013 annual report)An information window will display, click Continue.
- Overview: Complete the Yes/No questions. Click Next.
- If you have Nothing to Declare (Q1-3 answers are No) you will advance to Step 4 - Certify. Go to step 6 below.
- Entity: Complete the Entities page.
- Entities you wish to disclose for must be Active and complete. All Entities entered last year will display. To add, click the Add button.
- Disclosures: Complete the Disclosures page.
- NOTE: 1. You will not be able to advance until at least one Disclosure is completed.
- 2. Activate past entities for use in your disclosure.
- Certify: Certify your report in Step 4 - Certify.
- All three certification check boxes must be completed before the Submit buttons will activate.
- If you prefer to stop and return later, click the Logout button.
- Email: Once you submit your report, you will receive a confirmation email in your inbox. If you entered disclosures, you will receive a second email which contains a PDF attachment of your report.
Additional help through the iDisclose web site
An entity is the individual, business, organization or institution with whom you have interacted and need to declare your activities.
- Provide the name of the entity, the street address, city, state/province and country.
- Classify the category of entity as: For-Profit, Non-Profit or Gift Source
- Classify the type of entity as: Higher Ed Institution, Federal, State/Local, Home Business, Publicly or Privately Traded, Professional Society or Other.: Options will adjust based on category selected
- Classify the industry of entity
NOTE: the entities you have interacted with in the past will be available to you. Check the "Active" button if you have disclosures to make. Leaving it "Inactive" will leave the entity unavailable for disclosure reporting.
A disclosure is the record of your activity with an outside Entity. Information collected about these interactions includes the time you devote to it (the Duration field) in order to assess your level of commitment.
Complete the following:
- Who the report is for (Myself, Spouse, Dependent Child etc).
- The entity name (A dropdown of all Active Entities will be in the list).The disclosure type: (Compensation, Travel Only, Equity, Fiduciary Role, Intellectual Property, Royalties, Managing Relationship, Gift or Other).
- The activity type: (Advisory Board/Committee, Governing Board, Consultant, Family Member Employment, Equity Holdings, Expert Witness, IP Rights, Royalty Income, Speaker, Reviewer, Travel or Other).
- Whether this activity is related to your sponsored research.
- A Relates to Job Function: (Yes or No)
- Disclosure For (Myself, Spouse, Dependent Child etc).
- Start and End Date (select from the calendar)
- The entity name (A dropdown of all Active Entities will be in the list).
- A description of the activity. Include explanation of any "Other" selections made.
- The dollar value. Use fair market prices where appropriate.
- The disposition of the funds.
- The duration of the activity in days.
- Whether you believe you will continue this activity.
- In the case of your time, whether this activity is conducted using your vacation time.
- The duration of vacation in days.
- Whether this activity is related to your sponsored research (Yes or No)
- Whether this activity involves Intellectual Property (Yes or No)
- Whether this activity uses University Resources (Yes or No)