From the IACUC Protocol list, locate the Protocol you will be working with. Step 1 will allow you to make updates to the progress report without notifying the PI, whether it is through notification or indicator buttons on their protocol. Steps 2 and 3 will allow for communications to the PI.
- If you would like to work on the progress report without alerting the Investigator:
- Click the Action drop down
- Click Progress Report, make updates as necessary.
Taking the above steps will not display the red button indicating a progress report is due.
- The padlock icon,
- Click on the padlock, , to unlock. A small screen will appear. Two options are available, 1) Unlock Progress Report 2) Unlock PR & Notify PI
1) Unlock Progress Report - Click the blue button if RRP staff will edit the Progress Report and the PI will not be notified via ORCA. (Keep in mind, even though the PI is not notified, if they are logged into ORCA, they will see the the progress report due button) The Message: box will be available to you, but you should not use. Text entered will not be stored and will not be routed to anyone.
2) Unlock PR & Notify PI - Click the green button if the Progress Report needs to be returned to the PI for editing.
- If a message needs to be communicated to the PI, text can be entered into the Message: box.