You must have HSC Email to log onto the iDisclose System
Turn off your web browser's pop-up blocker
- Supported browsers include: Google Chrome, Firefox 3.5, Chrome 8, Safari 3, Opera 10
Even if you have reported previously using eCOI, you must create a new report
You are reporting for the previous CALENDAR YEAR (2013)
Submitting your Report in Six Easy Steps
- Go to: https://vpr.uthscsa.edu/iDisclose
- Click on My iDisclose Reports on the menu to the left
- Sign on using your UTHSCSA email address and password
- Dashboard: Select a Reporting Period Option: New Employee or CY 2013. Click Begin.
- If you were hired in the current year (2014), select New Employee
- Otherwise, select the previous calendar year (e.g. CY 2013 annual report)
- Overview: Complete the Yes/No questions. Click Next.
- If you have Nothing to Declare (Q1-3 answers are No) you will advance to Step 4 - Certify. Go to step 6 below.
- Entity: Complete the Entities page.
- Entities you wish to disclose for must be Active. All Entities entered last year will display. To add, click the Add button.
- Disclosures: Complete the Disclosures page.
- NOTE: 1. You will not be able to advance until at least one Disclosure is completed. 2. Activate past entities for use in your disclosure.
- Certify: Certify your report in Step 4 - Certify.
- All three certification check boxes must be completed before the Submit buttons will activate.
- If you prefer to stop and return later, click the Logout button.
- Email: Once you submit your report, you will receive a confirmation email in your inbox. If you entered disclosures, you will receive a second email which contains a PDF attachment of your report.
Additional help through the iDisclose web site
An entity is the individual, business, organization or institution with whom you have interacted and need to declare your activities.
- Provide the name of the entity, the street address, city, state/province and country.
- Classify the category of entity as: For-Profit, Non-Profit or Gift Source
- Classify the type of entity as: Higher Ed Institution, Federal, State/Local, Home Business, Publicly or Privately Traded, Professional Society or Other.
NOTE: the entities you have interacted with in the past will be available to you. Check the "Active" button if you have disclosures to make. Leaving it "Inactive" will leave the entity unavailable for disclosure reporting.
A disclosure is the record of your activity with an outside Entity. Information collected about these interactions includes the time you devote to it (the Duration field) in order to assess your level of commitment.
Complete the following:
- Who the report is for (Myself, Spouse, Dependent Child etc).
- The entity name (A dropdown of all Active Entities will be in the list).
- The disclosure type: (Compensation, Travel Only, Equity, Fiduciary Role, Intellectual Property, Royalties, Managing Relationship, Gift or Other).
- The activity type: (Advisory Board/Committee, Governing Board, Consultant, Family Member Employment, Equity Holdings, Expert Witness, IP Rights, Royalty Income, Speaker, Reviewer, Travel or Other).
- Whether this activity is related to your sponsored research.
- A description of the activity. Include explanation of any "Other" selections made.
- The dollar value. Use fair market prices where appropriate.
- The disposition of the funds.
- The duration of the activity in days.
- Whether you believe you will continue this activity.
- In the case of your time, whether this activity is conducted using your vacation time.
- Do not include VA salary, mutual or pension funds, or equities unrelated to your HSC responsibilities.
- If declaring the business activities of anyone other than yourself, do not declare their salary.
- If an activity involves both travel and an honorarium, choose Compensation as the disclosure type, describe the activity and combine the value into a single amount.
- Do not declare attendance at professional meetings, CME etc. unless your participation was compensated in any way (including travel expenses).