An entity is an individual, business, institution or organization that you interact with and with whom you have external activities to disclose. Before navigating to the disclosure page, you must have at least 1 Entity within your Entity List and it must be active. If you would like to use an Entity from last year, the Actions column contains options to edit, or to simply view your entity. If you need to add a new entity, click the Add New button, and begin to complete the Add Entity Details page.
NOTE: As a New Employee you will have no entities displayed. Any entities you add now will be available for your use in the future. If you entered disclosures for CY 2012, your entities for those disclosures will be available.
Add an Entity
- Click and complete all fields.
- Complete Entity Name
- Complete the Location - Street Address and City State/Province, Country
- Entity Category:
- For-Profit, Non-Profit, Gift Source
- Entity Type:
- Higher Ed Institution, Federal Agency, State/Local Agency, Home Business, Publicly Traded Co, Privately Traded Co, Professional Society, Other
- Click Save
Edit an Entity
- Click on the Pencil icon in the activity column of the entity you are wanting to edit.
- The information about that entity will be appear in the fields in the bottom half of the window.
- Make your changes and select the blue Save button.
Delete an Entity
- Click on the Trashcan icon in the Action column of the entity you want to delete.
- A warning message will be displayed asking you to confirm your action.
- Click on the blue Delete button to delete the entity or select Cancel if you change your mind.
- Remember, if you simply want to stop an entity from displaying as an option when completing your Disclosure page, Inactivate the entity.
NOTES: About deleting entities:
- Entities that are used in a report that has been certified and submitted cannot be deleted. If you choose to delete such an entity it will be made permanently unavailable to you.
- Deleting an entity that has never been used in a report is permitted.
- If you delete an entity used in a disclosure that is part of your current report, you must either delete the disclosure or add the appropriate entity to it.
Activate/Inactivate an Entity
Remember that entities must be activated in order to use them in your disclosures. This feature is intended to provide you with a way of limiting the number of entities that are available for use in disclosures without needing to delete them.
- If the Entity Status shows the Active button, your entity is Active.
- To make Inactive, click the Active button.
- If the Entity Status shows the Inactive button, your entity is Inactive.
- To make Active, click the Inactive button.
If you intend to use your entity in order to document future disclosures, Inactive the entity. If you delete, you will not be able to retrieve what has been deleted.