Q: How do I know a protocol has been created in Velos eResearch?
A: When searching through IRB Protocols in ORCA sort by:
- status - IRB - Draft Study Created
Q: Where in PIMs can I go to view studies that have been created in Velos eResearch?
A: All new studies created in Velos/eResearch will be displayed in a report on the PIMs dashboard. Click the 'Initiated in VELOS' button to view the report. Studies will have a status of IRB - Draft Study Created.
Impact of Velos Research/PIMS Access database interface:
1) New studies can be initiated in the Velos eResearch application. New studies created in eResearch will be imported into PIMS overnight.
- Both PIMS and Velos eResearch will use a common process to generate new protocol numbers. So if you create multiple protocols in PIMS you may notice a gap in the protocol number if a study was also created in eResearch. Nightly the studies started in eResearch will be copied to PIMS filling any gaps in protocol numbers.
- The status of new studies initiated in Velos eResearch is ‘IRB - Draft Study Created’
- If creating a new study in PIMs (the IRB Analyst) – ‘IRB – Draft Study Created’ will be listed as an available option. An Analyst should not use this option as it is intended only for when a study is generated in Velos/eResearch.
2) All new studies created in Velos/eResearch will be displayed in a report on the PIMs dashboard. Click the 'Initiated in VELOS' button to view the report.
3) New studies in Velos/eResearch are set to begin mid-June. This date has fluctuated in the past.