Q: How do I know a protocol has been created in Velos eResearch?
A: When searching through IRB Protocols in ORCA sort by:
- status - IRB - Draft Study Created
Q: When a protocol is no longer listed as IRB - Draft Study Created, how do I know it was initiated in Velos eResearch?
A: In O.R.C.A, you will see a Velos Study ID connected to the protocol
Q: Where in PIMs can I go to view studies that have been created in Velos eResearch?
A: All new studies created in Velos/eResearch will be displayed in a report on the PIMs dashboard. Click the 'Initiated in VELOS' button to view the report. Studies will have a status of IRB - Draft Study Created.
. Impact of Velos Research/PIMS Access database interface:
1) New studies can be initiated in the Velos eResearch application. New studies created in eResearch will be imported into PIMS overnight.
- Both PIMS and Velos eResearch will use a common process to generate new protocol numbers. So if you create multiple protocols in PIMS you may notice a gap in the protocol number if a study was also created in eResearch. Nightly the studies started in eResearch will be copied to PIMS filling any gaps in protocol numbers.
- The status of new studies initiated in Velos eResearch is ‘IRB - Draft Study Created’
- If creating a new study in PIMs (the IRB Analyst) – ‘IRB – Draft Study Created’ will be listed as an available option. An Analyst should not use this option as it is intended only for when a study is generated in Velos/eResearch.
2) All new studies created in Velos/eResearch will be displayed in a report on the PIMs dashboard. Click the 'Initiated in VELOS' button to view the report.
3) Some of the PIMs data fields for Velos initiated studies will be blank such as Investigator name. You can find the Investigator name and Investigator email in the ProtocolTitleMemo field. The Protocol Status will be ‘IRB - Draft Study Created’.
4) New studies in Velos/eResearch are set to begin mid-June. This date has fluctuated in the past.