You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
Accessing My iDisclose Reports
- Go to https://vpr.uthscsa.edu/iDisclose
- Click on My iDisclose Reports
- Log on using your UTHSCSA email address and password
The iDisclose Wizard
Completing your disclosures of outside activities takes place through the iDisclose Wizard. The wizard displays a 3 step navigation bar to identify where you are within the disclosure process. The right side of the navigation bar contains the Previous and Next buttons for moving between the steps.
Directly below the navigation bar you will two elements.
- On the left - Select a reporting period
- On the right - the Information Bar and the Report Menu
Menus & Icons
Select a reporting period is where you choose the period for which you are reporting.
Report Menu displays a list of options for the current report including Download a PDF and Logout.
The Information Bar icons are:
|Tally of the disclosures included in the current report.|
If you have nothing to disclose this will always show "0"
|Indicates whether the selected report is open (and can be edited)|
or locked (because it has been certified and submitted).
Disclosing as a New Employee
Step 1 - Start Here
- Click on Select a reporting period and choose New Employee
- Answer the (3) Yes / No questions.
- Your relationship with for-profit entities
- Your relationship with non-profit entities
- Gift reporting as required by the State of Texas
- Click Next when finished.
- If all your answers are No you have nothing to declare. You will advance to Step 3 - Certification.
(All of your answers in Step 2 - Disclosures have been automatically set to No)
Step 2 - Disclosures
- Notice that the menu on the right has changed to Disclosure Menu.
- Answer the (6) Yes / No questions.
- If any answer in Step 1 was Yes at least one of the questions in Step 2 should also be Yes (see the screen image below).
- Questions 1-5 apply to both For-Profit and Non-Profit entities.
- If you indicated you had Gifts to report in Step 1, question 6 in Step 2 will have been set to Yes automatically.
- If all answers are No, any Yes answer in Step 1 will be automatically set to No. By selecting No to all questions in Step 2 you are indicating you have nothing to disclose.
- Complete My Entities and My Disclosures via the Disclosure Menu.
Your entities may also be accessed from the Report Menu in Step 1.
- Once your disclosures have been created, click on the Next button to go to Step 3 - Certification
An entity is an individual, business, institution or organization that you interact with and with whom you have external activities to disclose. The top half of the My Entities window will display all entities you interact with. The bottom half of the window contains the fields to enter information about a new entity or to edit the information about an existing entity.
NOTE: As a New Employee you will have no entities displayed. Any entities you add now will be available for your use in the future. Please complete all fields.
Add an Entity
- Entity Title
- Location - street and City State/Province, Country
- Entity Type:
- Higher Ed Institution, Federal Agency, State/Local Agency, Home Business, Publicly Traded Co, Privately Traded Co, Professional Society, Other
- Entity Category:
- For-Profit, Non-Profit, Gift Source
- This entity is currently active:
This checkbox controls whether an entity is displayed for your use with disclosures, providing a way to hide and entity in future should you not need to use it.
Once each field has been completed the green Add button will become available. The blue Save button is used when editing an entity.
The top half of the window will now display the entity you have added. The Action column to the right of each row of the entity table contains two buttons used for editing or deleting an entity.
Edit an Entity
- Click on the Pencil icon in the activity column of the entity you are wanting to edit.
- The information about that entity will be appear in the fields in the bottom half of the window.
- Make your changes and select the blue Save button.
Delete an Entity
- Click on the Trashcan icon in the activity column of the entity you are wanting to delete.
- A warning message will be displayed asking you to confirm your action.
- Click on the blue OK button to delete the entity or select Cancel if you change your mind.
- Remember, if you simply want to stop an entity from displaying because you do not have an activity to report, un check the This entity is currently active checkbox rather than using delete.
NOTES: About deleting entities:
- Entities that are used in a report that has been certified and submitted cannot be deleted. If you choose to delete such an entity it will be made permanently unavailable to you.
- Deleting an entity that has never been used in a report is permitted.
- If you delete an entity used in a disclosure that is part of your current report, you must either delete the disclosure or add the appropriate entity to it.
A disclosure contains the details of your activities with an outside entity. Access My Disclosures through the Disclosure Menu in Step 2. The top half of the window will display disclosures you have already created. The first time you open this window there will be no disclosures to display. The bottom half of the window contains the fields used to add a new disclosure or edit and existing one.
Add a Disclosure
To proceed with creating a disclosure, complete all fields:
- Disclosure For
- Myself, Spouse, Dependent child, Parent, Unmarried Adult (living with you), Other
- Entity Name - select from a list of all of your active entities
- Disclosure Type
- Compensation, Travel Only, Equity, Fiduciary Role, Intellectual Property, Royalties, Relationship, Gifts, Other
- Type of Activity
- Advisory Board / Committee, Governing Board, Consultant, Equity Holdings, Expert Witness, IP Rights, Royalty Income, Speaker, Reviewer, Travel, Other
- Research related - is this activity related to you sponsored research?
- Description of Activity
- Amount Paid
- Kept It, Turned it In, Not Applicable, Other
- Duration (in days)
- Yes, No, Not Sure, Not Applicable
- Used Vacation - do you use vacation time performing this activity?
- Yes, No, Not Applicable
- Click on the green Add button to save a new disclosure. The blue Save button is used when editing a disclosure.
Edit a Disclosure
Use the same process as described above for Entities.
Delete a Disclosure
Use the same process as described above for Entities.
NOTES: About editing and deleting a disclosure:
- A disclosure can only be deleted if it is part of a report you are editing.
- Similarly, a disclosure can only be edited before you submit your report.
- Disclosures in reports that have been certified and submitted cannot be deleted (the trashcan button will be disabled).
- Similarly, disclosures cannot be edited if the report has been submitted. The Pencil button will cause the details to be displayed in the bottom half of the window but all fields will be disabled.
Step 3 - Certification
- No labels