An entity is an individual, business, institution or organization that you interact with and with whom you have external activities to disclose. The top half of the My Entities window will display all entities you interact with. The bottom half of the window contains the fields to enter information about a new entity or to edit the information about an existing entity.
NOTE: As a New Employee you will have no entities displayed. Any entities you add now will be available for your use in the future. Please complete all fields.
Add an Entity
- Entity Title
- Location - street and City State/Province, Country
- Entity Type:
- Higher Ed Institution, Federal Agency, State/Local Agency, Home Business, Publicly Traded Co, Privately Traded Co, Professional Society, Other
- Entity Category:
- For-Profit, Non-Profit, Gift Source
- This entity is currently active:
This checkbox controls whether an entity is displayed for your use with disclosures, providing a way to hide and entity in future should you not need to use it.
Once each field has been completed the green Add button will become available. The blue Save button is used when editing an entity.
The top half of the window will now display the entity you have added. The Action column to the right of each row of the entity table contains two buttons used for editing or deleting an entity.
Edit an Entity
- Click on the Pencil icon in the activity column of the entity you are wanting to edit.
- The information about that entity will be appear in the fields in the bottom half of the window.
- Make your changes and select the blue Save button.
Delete an Entity
- Click on the Trashcan icon in the activity column of the entity you are wanting to delete.
- A warning message will be displayed asking you to confirm your action.
- Click on the blue OK button to delete the entity or select Cancel if you change your mind.
- Remember, if you simply want to stop an entity from displaying because you do not have an activity to report, un check the This entity is currently active checkbox rather than using delete.
NOTES: About deleting entities:
- Entities that are used in a report that has been certified and submitted cannot be deleted. If you choose to delete such an entity it will be made permanently unavailable to you.
- Deleting an entity that has never been used in a report is permitted.
- If you delete an entity used in a disclosure that is part of your current report, you must either delete the disclosure or add the appropriate entity to it.