You must have HSC Email to log onto the iDisclose System
Turn off your web browser's pop-up blocker
- Supported browsers include: Google Chrome, Firefox 3.5, Chrome 8, Safari 3, Opera 10
If you were hired on or after January 1, current year, click NEW EMPLOYEE Report on the iDisclose v3.0 home page.
You are reporting for the previous CALENDAR YEAR (2015). If you were hired on or before December 31, 2015 report using Annual Reporting for 2015.
Submitting your Report
- Go to: https://vpr.uthscsa.edu/iDisclose
- Click on:
- New Employee Report (if you were hired on or after January 1, 2016)
- Annual Reporting for 2015 (if you were hired on or before December 31, 2015)
- Sign on using your UTHSCSA email address and password
- An information window will display, click Continue.
- Overview: If you have reported using iDisclose before you will be asked to copy your previous disclosures. If not, complete the Yes/No questions. Click Next.
- If you have Nothing to Declare (Q1-3 answers are No) you will advance to Step 6 - Certify. Go to step 6 below.
- Entity: Complete the Entities page.
- Entities with which you have activities to disclose must be Active and complete. Existing Entities will display; complete entities display with a green background. Those with a red background are incomplete. To add, click the Add button.
- Disclosures: Complete the Disclosures page. Background colors: green indicates complete, red indicates incomplete.
- You will not be able to submit until at least one Disclosure is completed.
- Entities must be active in order to disclosue.
- Select the disclosures you will be submitting.*
- Certify: Certify your report.
- All three certification check boxes must be completed before the Submit buttons will activate.
- If you prefer to stop and return later, click the Log out button.
- Email: Once you submit your report, you will receive a confirmation email in your inbox. If you entered disclosures please return to iDisclose to view, email, download or print your report.
Additional help through the iDisclose web site
An entity is the individual, business, organization or institution with whom you have interacted and need to declare your activities.
- Classify the category of entity as: For-Profit, Non-Profit or Gift Source
- Classify the type of entity: Options will adjust based on category selected
- Classify the industry of entity
NOTE: the entities you have interacted with in the past will be available to you. Check the "Active" button if you have disclosures to make. Leaving it "Inactive" will leave the entity unavailable for disclosure reporting.
A disclosure is the record of your activity with an outside Entity. Information collected about these interactions includes the time you devote to it (the Duration field) in order to assess your level of commitment.
Complete the following:
- The disclosure type: (Compensation, Travel Only, Equity, Fiduciary Role, Intellectual Property, Royalties, Gift or Other).
- The activity type: (Advisory Board/Committee, Governing Board, Consultant, Family Member Employment, Equity Holdings, Expert Witness, IP Rights, Royalty Income, Speaker, Reviewer, Travel or Other).
- Disclosure For (Myself, Spouse, Dependent Child etc).
- Start and End Date (select from the calendar)
- The entity name (A dropdown of all Active Entities will be in the list).
- A description of the activity. Include explanation of any "Other" selections made.
- The dollar value. Use fair market prices where appropriate, such as for Equity.
- The disposition of the funds (Turned in, Kept it).
- The duration of the activity in days.
- Whether vacation was used (Yes or No).
- Whether this activity is related to your sponsored research (Yes or No)
- Whether this activity involves Intellectual Property (Yes or No)
- Do not include VA salary, mutual or pension funds, or equities unrelated to your HSC responsibilities.
If declaring the business activities of anyone other than yourself, do not declare their salary.
- If an activity involves both travel and an honorarium, choose Compensation as the disclosure type, describe the activity and combine the value into a single amount.
- Do not declare attendance at professional meetings, CME etc. unless your participation was compensated in any way (including travel expenses).
Questions? Email COI@UTHSCSA.EDU or call 210-562-6838 | Technical Support: 210-567-8270 / 210-562-5691 or email: VPR-IT@UTHSCSA.EDU