Optimal Delay Time to Initiate Anticoagulation After Ischemic Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation
• To determine the optimal time to initiate anticoagulation with a Non-Vitamin K Oral Anticoagulant (NOAC) after ischemic stroke in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation.
- To compare the rates of primary adverse outcomes in a per protocol analysis
- To compare 30 day clinical outcomes by the modified Rankin scale among the time-to-treatment groups
- To compare 30 day clinical outcomes by the PROMIS-10 scale among the time-to-treatment groups.
- To compare 90 day clinical outcomes by the modified Rankin scale among the time-to-treatment groups
- To explore the optimal timing in subgroups of age, sex, outcome category, and NOAC choice
- Heart, Vascular and Blood
- IRB Number
- NCT Number
- ct.gov registration not required
- Open to Enrollment
- Eligible Ages
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Regulatory Point of Contact